Job-Hunting Tools:Search for Jobs
Corporate Job Sites
Order a New Resume
Career Tools:Content Index
Search this Site
Career Categories:Career Networking
Resumes and CVs
Workplace Resources for Dealing With Your Current Job/Employer/Boss
This section is all about helping you with your workplace and job-related issues, including topics such as succeeding on the job; getting promoted, salary increases and raises; dealing with job burnout and stress, as well as with office politics and your co-workers and bad bosses; and many other issues related to your work and workplace.
Quintessential Careers Workplace Resources: Articles, Tutorials, Samples, Assessments
First Days on Job:
- First Impressions Quiz A Quintessential Careers Quiz
- How to Make the Best Impression in Your First Days on the Job
- Your First Days Working at a New Job: 20 Tips to Help You Make a Great Impression
Job Burnout/Job Satisfaction/Job Stress:
- Job Burnout Quiz: How Close Are You To Burning Out?
- Job Satisfaction Quiz: How Satisfied Are You with Your Job?
- Managing Job Stress: 10 Strategies for Coping and Thriving at Work
- Is Job Flexibility Right For You? A Quintessential Careers Quiz
- Making Your Case for Telecommuting: How to Convince the Boss
Succeeding In, Keeping Your Job:
Layoffs, Downsizings, Terminations:
- Layoffs Coming? Take Action Now to Lay Foundation for Your Future
- Rebounding After a Layoff Tutorial: How to Successfully Re-Enter the Job Market After Being Fired, Downsized, or Laid Off
- State's Unemployment Offices: Filing for Unemployment Benefits Online
- Holiday Office Gift Giving Do's and Don'ts
- Holiday Office Party Do's and Don'ts
- Surviving the Office Holiday Party: How NOT to Lose your Job or be the Topic of Conversation Around the Office
- Clever Ways to Get a Raise: Perks You Might Not Have Thought About
- Do's and Don'ts of Requesting a Raise
- Facing Your Performance Review in a Down Economy
- 15 Quick Tips for Obtaining Your Next Promotion
- Getting the Raise You Deserve
- Moving Up the Ladder: 10 Strategies for Getting Yourself Promoted
- Tailoring Accomplishments to Self-Evaluations for Performance Reviews and to Status Reports to Your Boss
- Are You a Team Player? A Quintessential Careers Quiz
- Mastering the Art of Teams and Team-Building: 10 Tips for Top-Quality Teamwork
- Are You -- or Someone You Know -- a Workaholic?
- Are You Sabotaging Your Career?
- Workaholics Quiz: Do You Focus on Work Too Much?
- How Secure is Your Job? A Job Jeopardy/Layoff Assessment from Quintessential Careers.
- Workplace Relationships Quiz: What Kind of Co-Worker Are You? A Quintessential Careers Quiz
- Workplace Values Assessment: Do You Know the Work Values You Most Want in a Job and an Employer -- and Does Your Current Employment Reflect Those Values?
Other Workplace Resources:
Ask the Workplace Doctors -- a question and answer forum in which you can submit questions about any aspect of the workplace communication. If selected, your question and an expert answer will be posted to the site (anonymously) and you will receive a personal response via email. Topics on the site include asking for a raise, dealing with rumors, overtime, sexual harassment, and more. No cost to job-seekers.
BetterWorkplaceNow.com -- a site full of ideas and tools to help make your office a better workplace, including numerous articles that use inspiration, insight, and humor to help you deal with everyday workplace problems and irritations. Free to job-seekers.
eBossWatch -- allows job-seekers to avoid hostile work environments and workplace bullying by researching reviews of prospective bosses. Current workers can also use site to rate your boss. No cost for basic service, but fee-based boss background checks.
EmpoweringRetreat.com: Empowering Work-Life Balance Resources -- where you can find the tools and resources you need to lead a balanced life, including work you love, work-life balance, and time management. Free to job-seekers.
WorkOptions.com -- where you can find information and resources related to obtaining flexible work arrangements, such as telecommuting, part time, job sharing, four day work week, compressed work week, flexible maternity leave under FMLA, or other flextime work options. Get what you need to develop and negotiate a proposal. Free and fee-based.
Workplace Fairness -- a non-profit organization that provides information, education, and assistance to individual workers and their advocates nationwide. Its goal is to bring together workers, employers, advocates, and policy makers to achieve fairness in the workplace. Find answers to all sorts of employment issues and situations. Free to job-seekers.
WorkWorries.com -- a great site that is designed to help folks deal with difficult co-workers and bosses. With more than 1,200 links to articles and resources to help you address these problems, the site is focused on finding solutions -- not revenge. Also includes discussion forums and online newsletter. Free.
Wrongful Termination Lawyer Directory -- a site for workers who feel they have been wrongfully terminated. Find lawyers and law firms that specialize in wrongful termination lawsuits. Browse attorney listings by state. Free.
Maximize your career and job-search knowledge and skills! Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in 35 career, college, job-search topic areas.