We offer a variety of different types of free career and job-search thank you letters for job-seekers, depending on your career situation, focusing mainly on job-interviewing and networking.
The best (and most successful) job-seekers send a thank-you letter right after a job interview — a quick email thank-you, followed by a more detailed thank-you by postal mail. At the very latest, send thank-you or follow-up letters by mail within 24 hours of an interview. (For more information and resources, see our Thank-You Letter Resources for Job-Seekers.) You may even want to ensure that the interviewer has your thank-you letter in hand no later than end of the next day. What should be in a thank-you letter?
Here is a sample selection of free thank-you letters for job-seekers:
- Multiple Thank You Letter Examples and Samples
- General Job-Seeker Interview Thank You Letter Sample
- General Job-Seeker Interview Thank You Letter Sample #2
- General Job-Seeker Interview Thank You Letter Sample #3
- Interview Thank You Letter Sample that Stresses Fit
- Interview Thank You Letter Sample that Stresses Fit #2
- Sample Thank You Letter that Uses Highlighting to Recap Fit
- Sample Thank You Letter that Builds on Rapport from Interview
- Interview Thank You Letter Sample that Builds on Strength
- Interview Thank You Letter Sample that Entices the Employer
- Sample Thank You Letter When Recruited for Job
- Sample Thank You Letter that Demonstrates Understanding of Job
- Sample Thank You Letter for Different Job Opportunity
- Interview Thank You Letter that Aims at Damage Control
- Interview Thank You Letter Sample that Mentions Interview Afterthoughts
- Sample Job Interview Thank You Letter for a Campus Recruiter
- Career/Job Fair Interview Thank You Letter Sample
- Sample Thank You Letter that Follows Up After Job Interview
- Sample Thank You Letter that Follows Up Job Application
Here are three job-seeker thank-you letter templates:
- Job-Seeker Basic Post-Interview Thank-You Letter Template
- Job-Seeker Job-Acceptance Letter Template
- Job-Seeker Cold-Contact Follow-Up Letter Template
And be sure to read our article, FAQs About Thank You Letters.
See also free sample cover letters in our Sample Dynamic Cover Letters section of Quintessential Careers.
Sample example letters for networking, requesting an informational interview, and for other post-interview follow-up are now located in the Sample Job-Search Letters section of Quintessential Careers.
Also see our articles:
- The Art of the Follow-Up After Job Interviews
- FAQs About Thank You Letters for Job-Seekers
- Job Interview Follow-Up Do’s and Don’ts
- Job Interview Follow-Up Timing
- How-To Follow Up After an Interview
Go to Job-Hunting Samples and Examples for Job-Seekers, where you’ll find free samples of just about every job-search tool you’ll need to be successful.