Established Job-Seeker/Career Changer:
20 Mixed Interview Questions
Free Newsletter Subscription
Main Articles Page
Search Quintessential Careers:
Here are 20 general job interview questions. Practice answering these questions -- and get
sample excellent responses for each one -- by going to our
Experienced Job-Seeker Mixed Interview Practice Questions.
- What specific goals, including those related to your occupation, have you established for your life?
- What do you think it takes to be successful in this career?
- What has been your most rewarding accomplishment?
- Are you more energized by working with data or by collaborating with other individuals?
- Are you a goal-oriented person?
- Given the investment our company will make in
hiring and training you, can you give us a reason to hire you?
- What do you see yourself doing in ten years?
- Would you say that you can easily deal with high-pressure situations?
- Before you can make a productive contribution to the company, what degree of training do you feel you will require?
- Why did you decide to seek a position in this company?
- What kind of supervisor do you work best for? Provide examples.
- How do you determine priorities in scheduling your time? Give examples.
- What has been your experience in giving presentations?
What has been your most successful experience in speech making?
- Tell of the most difficult customer service
experience that you have ever had to handle -- perhaps an angry or irate
customer. Be specific and tell what you did and what was the outcome.
- Describe a situation where you found
yourself dealing with someone who didn't like you. How did you handle it?
- What suggestions do you have for our organization?
- What is the most significant contribution you made to the company during a past job?
- Describe the system you use for keeping track of
multiple projects. How do you track your progress so that you can meet deadlines? How do you stay focused?
- Tell me about a time when you came
up with an innovative solution to a challenge your company/class/organization
was facing. What was the challenge? What role did others play?
- Tell me about a time when you failed to meet a deadline.
What things did you fail to do? What were the repercussions? What did you learn?
Go back to the Job Interview