Job-Hunting Tools:Search for Jobs
Corporate Job Sites
Order a New Resume
Career Tools:Career Job-Hunting Blog
Search this Site
Career Categories:Career Networking
Resumes and CVs
College Internship Resume and Cover Letter Samples
Real resume and cover letter samples for college students seeking internships. Use these no-cost samples to develop your own resume and cover letter.
Note: These resume samples are just a small part of vast collection of the Professional Resume Samples we offer at Quintessential Careers. We encourage you to take advantage of all the resources we offer you!
You'll need Adobe Acrobat Reader, a free download available here, to view these resume samples.
Get ideas for how to develop your own resume and cover letter by looking at these samples of fictionalized real college student resumes and cover letters*:
- Sample Law Internship Cover Letter: This third-year law student seeks to apply her strong tax-law and international experience to an internship in Japan.
- Sample Research Internship Cover Letter: This student uses the highly effective 2-column format to show the match between the internship employer's requirements and her qualifications.
- Sample Marketing Internship Cover Letter: The internship-seeker draws on early experience in the sport of skiing to pursue a marketing internship at a ski resort.
- Sample International Internship Cover Letter: The student describes his fit with the internship employer's positive attributes.
- Sample Broadcasting Internship Cover Letter: The student uses the referral technique in her cover letter -- boosting her chances of an interview by name-dropping someone the letter recipient knows.
- Sample Project Internship Cover Letter: The prospective intern uses a reader-friendly and attention-getting bulleted section to make her qualifications stand out.
- Summer Analyst Internship Cover Letter Sample: The student focuses on his applicable skills and experience.
Sample Law Internship
Resume: The Honors and Distinctions section especially helps this resume stand out.
Sample Research Internship
Resume: This resume uses a chrono-functional format to emphasize skills.
Sample Marketing Internship
Resume: This student states a clear goal and targets his resume to a very specific internship opportunity.
Internship Resume: The internship-seeker hopes to apply his personal experience in living abroad and speaking a
second language to an international internship.
Internship Resume: The student uses an attractive design and makes the most of her college experience.
Sample Project Internship
Resume: This resume makes the most of the student's relevant class projects.
Sample Chrono-Functional Summer
Analyst Internship Resume: This student has strong unpaid experience but little paid work experience.
He therefore plays up his transferable skills in his resume.
See also our New Graduate Sample Resumes and Cover Letters. Most of these are easily adaptable as internship resumes and cover letters.
And take advantage of all of our free resume resources and cover letter resources, including articles, tutorials, quizzes, and much more!
Looking for internship information or resources? Go to this section of Quintessential Careers: Internship Resources for College Students.
The Quintessential Guide to Finding and Maximizing Internships
*These fictionalized resumes and cover letters are just a small part of a free Quintessential Careers Press e-book, The Quintessential Guide to Finding and Maximizing Internships, by Katharine Hansen, Ph.D., and Randall S. Hansen, Ph.D. The book provides eight chapters that will help you decide what you need in your internship experience, tell you how to find one, give you the tools to secure one, teach you how to make the most of your internship experience, show you how to turn an internship into a job, and provide internship resources.
QUINTESSENTIAL RESUME-WRITING PARTNER
Not interested in creating your own resume? Or perhaps not having success with your current resume? Consider hiring our expert resume and curriculum vitae (CV) partner, Great Resumes Fast.
Whether you're an entry-level, young professional, mid-level career-changer, transitioning veteran, or executive job-seeker, you can order a new resume in confidence... with a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee, along with a 60-day interview guarantee.
Read our detailed overview of our resume-writing partner... or, if you're ready to place an order, go directly to Great Resumes Fast.
Go to Job-Hunting Samples and Examples for Job-Seekers, where you'll find free samples of just about every job-search tool you'll need to be successful.