Job-Hunting Tools:Search for Jobs
Corporate Job Sites
Order a New Resume
Career Tools:Career Job-Hunting Blog
Search this Site
Career Categories:Career Networking
Resumes and CVs
Writing the Graduate School Application Essay: Tips for Success
This section of Quintessential Careers is designed for college grads who are applying to graduate school and seek advice on how to write the grad school application essay -- including tips and sample essays.
Writing the graduate school application essay can be one of the most daunting parts of applying to grad school. These excerpts from EssayEdge.com can help you get started, with thoughts on brainstorming ideas, choosing a topic, and how to write an effective and powerful essay. Sample essays for the three professional degrees and a few select graduate programs are also included.
Step One: Brainstorming
Step Two: Selecting An Essay Topic
Step Three: Writing the Essay, Tips for Success
Sample Graduate and Professional School Application Essays:
- MBA sample application essays #1
- MBA sample application essays #2
- Medical School sample application essay #1
- Medical School Residency sample essay
- Law School sample application essays #1
- Law School sample application essay #2
- Master's in Creative Writing sample application essay
- Master's Program sample application essay
- Master's in Human Resources sample application essay
For access to 100 free sample successful admissions essays, visit EssayEdge.com, the company The New York Times calls "the world's premier application essay editing service." You'll also find other great essay and editing resources (some free and some fee-based) at EssayEdge.
Maximize your career and job-search knowledge and skills! Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in 35 career, college, job-search topic areas.