Job-Hunting Tools:Search for Jobs
Corporate Job Sites
Order a New Resume
Career Tools:Content Index
Search this Site
Career Categories:Career Networking
Resumes and CVs
Entrepreneur and Business Start-Up Tools and Resources
A free collection of the best entrepreneurial and business start-up tools and resources to help you successfully start and manage your own business.
Books About Entrepreneurship:
Quintessential Entrepreneurship Tools:
- Business Plan Tutorial: Tools to Help You Launch Your Own Business. Empower yourself by creating a detailed plan for your business.
- Creating Opportunity Through Your Entrepreneurial Spirit. An entrepreneurial mindset will give you adaptability, resilience to thrive by creating your own opportunities.
- Economic Downturn Can Give Birth to Innovation and Entrepreneurship. Economic turmoil brings out our entrepreneurial drive, showing job-seekers that when one road ends (job search), another road begins (business startup).
- Making Lemonade: Starting a Business After Ending a Career. Considerations for starting a business later in life after ending your traditional career.
- 15 Quick Tips for Succeeding as a Solopreneur. Tips for succeeding as a solopreneur, entrepreneur, freelancer, consultant, or small-business owner.
- Turn Unemployment into Self-Employment: 5 Tips on How to Start. Self-employment may be a temporary solution or a permanent career change. Find five self-starting business ideas.
- Turning Your Hobby into a Full-Time Business? Answer These Questions First. Many people enjoy hobbies; some good enough to sell their work. Thinking of turning a hobby into a paying/profitable business? Answer these questions first.
Best Entrepreneurial Tools, Guides, and Resources:
BusinessFinance.com -- the site for entrepreneurs to find thousands of sources for business loans, venture capital, equipment leasing, and commercial real estate financing -- as well as the guidance and tips for helping you obtain the financing you need for your business.
BusinessTown -- a small business resource portal, with information for starting and managing a small business, preparing a business plan, and obtaining guidance for accounting, advertising, hiring, legal issues, managing employees, marketing, and sales.
crowdSPRING -- a creative resource for entrepreneurs and small businesses looking for creative and branding services, including logo development, Website design, and copywriting assistance. Post your project, along with a price you're willing to pay, and work with dozens of creatives and pick your favorite from an average of 110+ custom concepts.
Dr. Randall Hansen's Tips for Starting a Small-Business Website: 5 Steps to an Online Presence -- a great article that provides an overview for starting (and then promoting) a small business Website.
Entrepreneur.com -- simply an amazing collection of resources for current and prospective entrepreneurs, and a great place to find all sorts of tools and guides for starting your own business.
Entrepreneur Career Guide -- a great collection of links on key topics of interest to someone starting a business, including: business plans, forms, and templates; getting started; tax-related information; growing your business; and business ethics and legal issues. From the Vocational Information Center.
The Entrepreneurs' Help Page -- designed, created, and published by a group of young professionals who put together their skills and knowledge to publish a site designed to help other young people or inexperienced business people with good ideas and the desire to start your own business.
Forbes.com: Entrepreneurs and Small Business News and Information -- get advice and information on starting and growing a small business from the editors at Forbes.com.
goBIGnetwork -- a good networking site for entrepreneurs, designed to help connect startups, investors, job seekers, advisors and service providers.. No cost to job-seekers.
Inc.com -- the website for Inc. magazine, delivering advice, tools, and services, to help business owners and CEOs start, run, and grow their businesses more successfully.
morebusiness.com -- a site by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs, and designed to be a comprehensive resource for small businesses. It contains tips, articles, ideas, templates, worksheets, sample business plans, tools, financial benchmarks, sample contracts, and much more to help grow your business.
Resources for College Entrepreneurs -- check out this section of Quintessential Careers for some great resources, books, and tools for student entrepreneurs who have an interest in starting a business while in college.
Small Business and Entrepreneur Resource Site -- a great collection of links for entrepreneurs and small business owners -- including business plans, forms of ownership, family business, financing, management, marketing, employees, taxes, and more. From Prentice-Hall, publishers of entrepreneurship textbooks.
U.S. Small Business Administration -- an independent agency of the federal government whose purpose is to aid, counsel, assist, and protect the interests of small business concerns. The site includes information and resources for planning, starting, growing, and ending your business. Some great tools here.
Startup Journal: The Wall Street Journal Center for Entrepreneurs -- offering solutions to problems facing small companies. Lots of different topics, including profiles of firms dealing with each topic. Also includes a discussion board where you can exchange ideas with small-business owners and other readers.
ZeroMillion.com -- an entrepreneurial resources and networking site founded by the author of Zero to One Million, a step-by-step guide to starting your own business and building it to one million dollars in sales. The mission of the site is to encourage and support entrepreneurial endeavors internationally.
More interested in opening a franchise? See our Franchising, Franchise Business Tools and Resources.