Job-Hunting Tools:Search for Jobs
Corporate Job Sites
Order a New Resume
Career Tools:Career Job-Hunting Blog
Search this Site
Career Categories:Career Networking
Resumes and CVs
Customizable Opening Paragraphs for Job-Seeker Cover Letters
When it comes to cover letters, have you got writer's block? Do you feel that if you could just start the letter, you'd be OK? Writing help is here with our large collection of job-seeker cover letter openers for all cover-letter writing situations. That opening paragraph is the most important of your letter, setting the tone and grabbing the reader's attention to ensure s/he will continue reading (and then review your resume).
What you'll find on the following pages are dynamic cover letter opening paragraphs, including more than 100 customizable opening paragraphs -- with accompanying sample paragraphs showing each opener in action.
Customizable Cover Letter Opening Paragraphs and Samples:
- Customizable Opening Paragraphs for Cover Letters: Uninvited (Prospecting) Letters
- Customizable Opening Paragraphs for Cover Letters: Invited (Job Ad) Letters
- Customizable Opening Paragraphs for Cover Letters: Letters for College Students and New Grads
- Customizable Opening Paragraphs for Cover Letters: Letters for Students and New Grads of Graduate and Professional Schools
- Customizable Opening Paragraphs for Cover Letters: Letters to Recruiters, Headhunters, Executive Search Firms
- Customizable Opening Paragraphs for Cover Letters: Letters for Students Seeking Internships
- Customizable Opening Paragraphs for Cover Letters: Referral Letters that Spring from Networking
Questions about some of the terminology used in this article? Get more information (definitions and links) on key college, career, and job-search terms by going to our Job-Seeker's Glossary of Job-Hunting Terms.
Go back to the Cover Letter Resources for Job-Seekers section of Quintessential Careers, where you will find a collection of the best cover letter tools and resources, including articles, tutorials, and more.
Maximize your career and job-search knowledge and skills! Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in 35 career, college, job-search topic areas.