Job-Hunting Tools:Search for Jobs
Corporate Job Sites
Order a New Resume
Career Tools:Content Index
Search this Site
Career Categories:Career Networking
Resumes and CVs
Personal Branding & Career Self-Marketing Tools for Job-Seekers and Career Activists
Where job-seekers can find some expert articles, tools, and resources for developing your personal career brand, as well as key self-marketing techniques to get hired or promoted.
Quintessential Careers Career Branding & Marketing Articles & Resources:
- Building Your Online Career Brand: Five Tools for Job-Seekers. Discusses five tools job-seekers should use to build and maintain an online career brand.
- Building Your Personal Brand: Tactics for Successful Career Branding. Discusses five branding tactics to take charge and build your personal brand.
- Career Branding: What's the Value of Your Personal Brand? A Quintessential Careers Quiz -- find the value of your personal brand image in maximizing your career brand for promotions and new jobs with this free quiz.
- Career Branding Tutorial -- designed to help you take your career to the next level... filled with (free) insights, tips, and tools to assist you in the creation or refinement of your career brand.
- Career Storytelling Tools for Job-Seekers -- where you will learn about the power of storytelling to propel your career to the next level, including free tips, tools, and more.
- A Dozen Things You Must Know About Communicating Your Career Brand. Learn strategies for communicating your brand.
- The Elevator Speech is the Swiss Army Knife of Job-Search Tools. Learn how to develop and use this key personal branding tool in your job-search. Includes samples.
- 15 Quick Tips for Career Branding Success.
Expert tips for career branding success help proactive job-seekers develop, promote personal career brand for work, career, job achievement.
- The Five-Step Plan for Creating Personal Mission Statements. Here's a five-step plan for creating a mission to enhance your career success.
- 5 Ways to Manage Your Online Reputation, Brand.
- How to Build a Professional Brand, Professional Reputation.
- Integrating Assessments Into Your Personal and Career Branding. Shows you how you can use the details from career assessment results to build or strengthen your career branding efforts.
- Is "The Breakfast of Champions" in Your Resume? How can job-seekers stand out from the crowd of other job-seekers competing for the same job? By using proven marketing and branding techniques.
- Marketing is How You Show Others How You Can Help Them, Including Selling Yourself for Jobs and Promotions. Shows you how job-hunting is all about using marketing skills, including selling yourself in job interviews for job offers.
- SEO for Job-Seekers: 10 Tips for Building Your Brand and Being Found Online by Employers and Recruiters. Tips for sculpting and managing an online persona, personal brand, digital presence using proven search engine optimization (SEO) methods.
- Take Control of Your Personal Branding. Everyone has a brand. A personal brand is what you do consistently with effectiveness. Learn how to clearly review, define, build your personal brand.
- Tell An Exciting Story to Communicate the Value of Your Personal Brand. The idea of branding is to your give audience something to remember about you; job-seekers can do this by developing stories that communicate value of brand.
- 10 Reasons To Love Your Personal Brand. Personal branding in job search is simple. It's about defining what makes you unique, valuable to employers. Here's what your brand will do for you.
- Using a Career Journal to Further Your Career Development and Empower Your Job-Search. Relates how whether you're a student searching for career direction or a job-seeker thinking of a job or career change, you can benefit from a journaling.
- Using Key Marketing Tools to Position Yourself on the Job Market. Discusses why job-seekers would be wise to take a few lessons from marketing and apply those rules to your job search.
- Using a Personal Mission Statement to Chart Your Career Course. This article takes job-seekers through the self-discovery process of creating your personal mission statement.
- Using a SWOT Analysis in Your Career Planning. Shows how a key strategic planning tool can be successfully applied to marketing yourself and advancing your career.
- The Value of Creating an Adaptive Professional Brand. You are a brand; the clearer, more confident you are about your value, differentiation from competition, the more you are worth to employers and clients.
- You are the Face of Your Brand. Your image is part of your career brand. Add your face to social networking profiles to build your know, like, trust factor... To help build your personal brand.
- Your Career Brand: Who Are You? Employers Want to Know. Clearly communicate your goals and unique value as job-seeker by using key questions to help identify your differentiators in creating personal brand.
- Your Personal Brand: Evolution or Revolution? When it's time to revisit personal brand, job-seekers may want to re-evaluate how to communicate core value to employers with this how-to article.
Other Quintessential Career Marketing Resources:
- Career Portfolio Tools and Resources for Job-Seekers. One of the best ways to build and promote your brand is by creating both a traditional job-search portfolio, as well as an online version. Find the tools you need in this section of Quintessential Careers.
Career and Personal Branding Books:
- Career Branding, Personal Branding, and Career Storytelling Books for Job-Seekers and Entrepreneurs. The Quintessential Careers team has personally selected the best career branding books to help propel your career.
Career and Personal Branding Websites:
- The Brand Called You. An article by business guru Tom Peters, published on FastCompany.com.
- Me Incorporated: Your Own Magnetic Brand. A nice overview of personal branding by Randall Frost on BrandChannel.com.
- Reach Communications Consultancy. A personal branding
and performance coaching site that includes an innovative assessment, the 360° Reach Assessment, which
helps you get the real story about how you are perceived by those around you.
- ResumeBucket.com -- a great personal branding site where job-seekers can upload up to 20 versions of your resume, which are then converted to Web pages, so that they are available online (each with a unique URL) 24/7 from anywhere in the world -- fully searchable (unless you want to keep it private) and edited with or without HTML tags. The site also includes a quick job-search feature using Indeed.com. No cost to job-seekers.
Maximize your career and job-search knowledge and skills! Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in 35 career, college, job-search topic areas.