Job-Hunting Tools:Search for Jobs
Corporate Job Sites
Order a New Resume
Career Tools:Content Index
Search this Site
Career Categories:Career Networking
Resumes and CVs
FAQ: Facts About QuintCareers.com, the Web's Most Comprehensive and Empowering Career Development Site
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about Quintessential Careers, an empowering career, college, and job-search sites with expert tools and resources for everyone -- from teens to mature workers.
- What kind of information and resources can I find?
- What types of career resources do you have?
- How do I find the best job boards and resume posting sites?
- Can I search for jobs with your site?
- Can I post my resume on your site?
- What college or graduate school information do you have?
- Where can I find free job-hunting samples and examples?
- Do you have any career tests and quizzes?
- Where can I find a list of all your college, career, and job-search articles?
- Is there a way for me to keep informed when you add new resources to the site?
- How do I find the definition of a job-search term?
- Where can I find the best college, career, or job book?
- Who can I hire to get help with my resume or cover letter?
- How do I ask a career, college, or job related question?
- How can I learn more about this site?
- I'm an employer. Can I post job openings on your site?
- How can I contact your site?
Quintessential Careers is one of the most comprehensive career development sites on the Web. We offer helpful information, resources, and key links on all aspects of college and graduate studies, on career exploration and assessment, and on job-hunting strategies and tools.
Quintessential Careers has resources for people of all ages -- from teens to mature workers; for job-seekers in all industries; and for job-seekers in all parts of the U.S. and around the world. Check out these:
- College, Career, and Job Resources for Teenagers
- Internship, Graduate Study, and Job Resources for College Students and Recent College Grads
- Job Resources for Baby Boomers, Mature Job-Seekers, and Older Workers
- Job and Career Resources for Career Changers
- Jobs for Job-Seekers with Graduate Degrees
- Job and Career Resources for MBAs
- Job and Career Resources for Women and Minorities
- Tools, Statistics, Resources for Job-Seekers in Low-Wage Jobs
- Job and Career Resources for Global Job-Seekers
- Job and Career Resources for Executives & Top Managers
- Job and Career Resources for Consultants and Freelancers
- Job and Career Resources for Telecommuters and Work-at-Home
- Job and Career Resources for Temporary Workers
- Entrepreneurial Resources for Budding Entrepreneurs
- Job Resources for Veterans and Former Military
- Job and Career Resources for Volunteers
Quintessential Careers offers a comprehensive career toolbox, including:
- Career Assessment Tools
- Career Exploration Resources
- Guide to Researching Companies
- Cover Letter Resources
- Resume Resources
- Job Interviewing Resources
- Career Networking Resources
- Salary Negotiation Resources
- Job-Seeker Relocation Resources
Quintessential Careers is constantly searching the Web for the best job sites for job-seekers. Here's how we categorize the job boards for you:
- General Job Sites for Job-Seekers
- Job Sites by Geographic Region
- Job Sites by Specific Industry
- Job-Seeker Specific Job and Career Resources
- The Quintessential Directory of Company Career Centers
- Cool, Unusual, and Seasonal Jobs
- Best Companies for Job-Seekers
- Recruiter Directories & Associations
Job-seekers who are searching for internships, part-time, and full-time positions can use our job-hunting portal to find job listings employers across the U.S.
Looking for employment? Use the Quintessential Careers Job-Hunting Portal, powered by Indeed.
At this time, we do not offer the opportunity to post resumes on our site, but we do recommend you find the best select group of job boards to do so.
Quintessential Careers publishes numerous articles on all aspects of college and graduate studies, from finding the best program for your needs to succeeding once in school. We also provide links to the best college and graduate school sites. We even have information about distance learning and educational resources for older students.
Go to our college planning resources page, or go to one of these pages:
Quintessential Careers truly believes that sometimes the best learning comes from seeing and doing, thus we provide numerous samples and examples -- of all types of college, career, and job-search activities.
- Job-Search Correspondence Samples and Examples, including sample cover letters, post-interview thank-you letters, professional resume samples, college grad cover letter and resume samples, and many other free samples for job-seekers.
- Job Interview Question Samples and Examples
- Other Job-Search Samples and Examples
- College and Grad School Samples and Examples
- Other Work-Related Samples and Examples
- Job-Hunting Do's and Don'ts
Quintessential Careers offers numerous tests and quizzes on all aspects of work, careers, and job-hunting, including:
- Career Activist Quiz
- Career Branding Assessment
- Career Change Quiz
- Career Coaching Quiz
- Career Marketability Test
- Career Networking Assessment
- Career Sabotage Quiz
- Choosing College Major Assessment
- Career Focus Quiz
- College Grad Job-Hunting Readiness Quiz
- Consultant/Free Agent Quiz
- Cover Letter Quiz
- Distance Learning Self-Assessment Quiz
- Entrepreneurship Assessment
- International Job-Seeker Quiz
- Job Flexibility Quiz
- Job-Hunting Etiquette Quiz
- Job Interviewing Quiz
- Job Jeopardy/Layoff Assessment
- Job Satisfaction Quiz
- Job-Search Readiness Quiz for Teens
- Job Skills Quiz
- Mature Job-Seeker Quiz
- Resume Writing and Strategy Quizzes
- Team Player Assessment
- Salary Negotiation, Compensation, and Job Offer Quiz
- Workaholics Quiz
- Work/Life Balance Quiz
- Workplace Values Assessment
Find our entire list of assessments, tests, and quizzes by going to: Tests and Quizzes for Job-Seekers.
Quintessential Careers has several hundred articles on all aspects of college, career development, and job-searching. We average about one new article a week. Articles basically fall into one of these categories:
- Career and College Articles for Teens
- Career and Graduate School Articles for College Students/Grads
- Career Articles for Experienced Job-Seekers and Career Changers
- Career, College, and Job-Search Success Strategies Articles
- Career and Job-Search Checklists for Job-Seekers
- Career Planning Articles
- How-to Career, College, Job, and Work Articles
- Career, Job-Search, and Job-Hunting FAQs for Job-Seekers
- Career Assessment and Self-Reflection Articles
- Career Planning and Guidance Articles for Job-Seekers
- Career Tests and Quizzes for Job-Seekers
- Job-Hunting Do's and Don'ts Articles
- Quick Tips Articles for Students, Job-Seekers, Career-Changers
- Job Search Correspondence (Cover Letters and Resumes)
- Job Interviewing Articles
- Personal Branding & Career Self-Marketing Articles
- Salary Negotiation/Negotiating Raises Articles
- Work, Job, Office, and Workplace Articles
You can find an alphabetical listing of all our articles here: College, Career, and Job-Related Articles.
Quintessential Careers publishes a free e-zine, QuintZine, that keeps visitors updated on new articles, tutorials, tips, links, and all other new additions added to Quintessential Careers.
Learn more about QuintZine.
Get your free subscription to QuintZine today!
Quintessential Careers is a depository for all things college, career, and job related. Thus, we have a very detailed Job-Seeker's Glossary of Job-Hunting Terms.
Quintessential Careers realizes that some people may prefer getting career, college, or job advice through traditional channels, such as books. Books also have the luxury of covering a subject in much greater depth. Thus, we do our best to review and include only the very best career, college, and job books in our bookstore.
Go to our Career and Job-Hunting Bookstore.
For in-depth reviews of some of the books we recommend, please go to: Quintessential Reading -- Career and Job Book Reviews.
The management team behind Quintessential Careers has more than 40 years of combined career and job-hunting experience, and thus, besides offering job-seekers a comprehensive collection of free resources, we also provide a variety of paid services.
Quintessential Resumes & Cover Letters, our sister site, offers job-seekers the chance to hire experienced career professionals to help jump-start your job-search with professionally produced original resumes, cover letters, and other job-search correspondence.
As yet another service to our loyal visitors, Quintessential Careers helps sponsor The Career Doctor.
The Career Doctor -- Quintessential Careers Webmaster Dr. Randall Hansen -- answers visitor questions on a wide variety of college, career, and job topics. While he does not have the time to answer individual questions, he does respond to two questions per week and publishes his responses online and in print.
For more details, please visit The Career Doctor.
Quintessential Careers, which has been online since 1996, offers visitors such a wide array of career, college, and job resources, advice, tips, articles, tutorials, and more.
In fact, some visitors comments about having such a great wealth of information that a visitor could easily get lost for hours on our site.
To learn more about everything Quintessential Careers offers, to learn more about the history of the site, or to simply learn more about the QuintCareers.com management team, go to: All About this Site.
Quintessential Careers, while mainly focused on students and job-seekers, also keeps track of critical resources for employers, including the ability to post your job openings on our job-hunting portal.
Also see our A Resource Guide for Employers and our collection of Employment Job Resource Guides/Books for Employers.
We want to hear from you! Simply use our convenient contact form.
Maximize your career and job-search knowledge and skills! Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in 35 career, college, job-search topic areas.